Field of study (specialty): 05.04.06 Ecology and nature management
Profile: Natural and technical systems
Brief description of the program:
Forms of study: full-time
Number of places: total and number of budget places: Total – 10 (budget – 5, paid – 5)
Level of education (bachelor’s degree, specialty, etc.): master’s degree
Price: 145 000 rbl.
Entrance tests: Professional entrance test in the direction of 05.04.06 Ecology and environmental management.
Head of the program: Alexander Polonsky, corresponding member of RAS, doctor of geographical Sciences, Professor.
- FEDERAL state budgetary scientific institution Institute of natural and technical systems (IPTS)
- Sevastopol center for Hydrometeorology and environmental monitoring
- Main Department of natural resources and environment of the city of Sevastopol (General)
Basic Department: Monitoring and climate theory
The decree of the President of the Russian Federation of may 7, 2018 N 204 “On national goals and strategic objectives of development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2024” (https://minenergo.gov.ru/view-pdf/11246/84473)
Special report of the international panel of experts on climate change 2018 (http://www.ipcc.ch/report/sr15/)
State report “On the state and environmental protection of the Russian Federation in 2017” (http://www.mnr.gov.ru/docs/o_sostoyanii_i_ob_okhrane_okruzhayushchey_sredy_rossiyskoy_federatsii/gosudarstvennyy_doklad_o_sostoyanii_i_ob_okhrane_okruzhayushchey_sredy_rossiyskoy_federatsii_v_2017_/)
The educational program is mainly aimed at the formation of research competencies in the field of theory and monitoring of climate, methods and means of environmental protection with an emphasis on practical applications in the field of ecology and environmental management. Training provides for independent implementation of students research work with the prospect of defending a degree under the guidance of leading scientists of the academic research Institute. As a result of the training, students will publish high-quality scientific publications and will be able to participate in the performance of tasks on grants of scientific funds registered in the IPTC. The training ends with the assignment of a master’s degree with a guarantee of employment in the specialty.
The uniqueness of the program lies in:
– specialized training of scientific personnel capable of effectively solving real scientific and technical problems under the guidance of existing highly qualified scientists, which increases the guarantee of employment in research institutes not only in Sevastopol and Crimea, but also in other regions of the Russian Federation;
– integration of the main fundamental disciplines of the master’s degree in the profile of “Natural and technical systems” in the educational part of the postgraduate program, which increases the time to write a quality PhD thesis and the probability of its protection during the study in graduate school;
– complex nature of the studied disciplines in a wide range of areas;
– obtaining in-depth knowledge by combining the learning process with the direct participation of students in the research and production activities of the basic research Institute in the framework of the state Assignment and specialized grants of the Russian Federation;
-combination of good basic education with highly specialized courses, which allows the student to choose one (or more) direction(s) to achieve specific significant results already in the process of through preparation of the master’s thesis project, and then during its continuation, and preparation of the candidate’s dissertation;
-involvement in the process of training a large number of qualified researchers of the academic Institute.
1. Introduction to the theory of climate
2. Special sections of mathematics in climate research
3. Climate change and the environment
4. Dynamic processes in the ocean and atmosphere, their modeling
5. General circulation and SYNOPTIC processes in the atmosphere
6. Applied climatology
7. Renewable energy in a changing climate
8. Measuring information technologies in environmental monitoring systems
development of scientific infrastructure for the integrated study of the climate system and the effects of climate change;
development of scientific and technical infrastructure for monitoring the state of the environment and climate;
development of scientific and technical infrastructure of renewable energy sources in a changing climate.
1. Polonsky Alexander Borisovich, corresponding member of RAS, doctor of science, Professor, scientific Director of IPTC.
2. Voskresenskaya Elena Nikolaevna, doctor of science, Professor, Deputy Director for scientific work of IPTS.
3. Gayskiy Vitaly Alexandrovich, doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, chief researcher of IPTS.
4. Maslova Veronika Nikolaevna, Ph. D., Director of IPTS
5. Grekov Nikolay Aleksandrovich, doctor of technical Sciences, chief researcher of IPTS
6. Krasnodubets L. A., Ph. D., Professor, chief researcher of IPTS.
7. Evstigneev V. P., candidate of pH.-of medical Sciences, the Vedas. B. C. IPTS
8. Vyshvarkova E. V., PhD, senior researcher of IPTS
9. Kovalenko O. Y., candidate of geographical Sciences, scientific Secretary of IPTS
10. Daloglanyan A.V., candidate of technical Sciences, senior researcher of IPTS
11. Agarkova-Lyakh I. V., Ph. D., St. n. s. IPTS
12. Melnikov V. V., K. B. N., Vedas.B. C. IPTS
Material and technical base:
The entire infrastructure of Sevsu and IPTS, including modern laboratories, computer systems and software, devices and means of monitoring the state of the natural environment and climate.
About the profession:
1. Know the principles of organization of research work.
2. Be able to perform independent research work and work in a research team.
3. To be able to formulate problems, tasks and methods of scientific research, to obtain new reliable facts on the basis of observations, experiments, scientific analysis of empirical data, to refer scientific works, to make analytical reviews on the accumulated information in the world science and on production activities.
4. To be able to use creatively in scientific and technological activity knowledge of fundamental and applied sections of special disciplines of the master’s program.
5. To know modern methods of processing and interpretation of environmental information during scientific and industrial research.
Practice and internships for students:
There are the following types of practices that allow you to consolidate theoretical knowledge, gain experience in their practical implementation and prepare material for the diploma project:
– practice in obtaining professional skills and experience of professional activity in the basic Institute – IPTS and leading organizations of the Russian Federation in the chosen direction;
– research work (R & d);
– undergraduate practice at the basic Institute – IPTS and leading organizations of the Russian Federation in the chosen direction.
Future career (fields of activity):
Scientific and industrial activity in the chosen direction in academic and departmental research institutes, institutions of Mines. natural resources and ecology of the Russian Federation, EMERCOM and production units of various departmental subordination.
Initial s/n from 30 000 to 45 000 rubles per month.
“The creation of a specialized Department that produces masters in the field of monitoring of the natural environment and climate is extremely important. This will reduce the shortage of highly qualified personnel, formed in most research and production institutions of hydrometeorological and environmental orientation»
PhD V. A. Naumova, Director of the Sevastopol hydrometeorological Observatory.
“Training of qualified specialists in the field of ecology is extremely important for the successful work of the Main Department of natural resources and ecology of the city of Sevastopol (Sevprirodnadzor). Therefore, the initiative of creating a specialized Department Sevgi ecological orientation on the basis of academic Institute cannot be overestimated»
Samoilov S. Yu., Head Of Sevastopol natural supervision