Rybak Oleg Olegovich – chief researcher (Doctor of Sciences)
Rybak Elena Alekseevna – leading researcher (Candidate of Sciences)
Korneva Irina Alekseevna – researcher (Candidate of Geographical Sciences)
Areas of current work:
- Development of mathematical models, formulation, conduct and interpretation of numerical experiments in the fields of:
- ice deformations and flows,
- energy exchange between glacial objects and the atmosphere,
- complex dynamics of mountain glaciers, ice sheets and ice shelves,
- interaction of the climate system and ice sheets,
- the impact of climate change on mountain glaciation,
- the impact of the ocean on the dynamics of ice shelves.
- Analysis of information (including for use in mathematical modeling) by statistical and stochastic methodsof meteorological, climatic, isotopic.
- Expertise of projects in the field of mathematical modeling of natural processes, glaciology, climatology, paleoclimatology, global and regional climate changes, the impact of economic activity on processes in the Earth’s climate system and cryosphere.
- Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
- Institute of Computational Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Geography.
- Free University of Brussels, Belgium (Vrije Universiteit Brussels), Ice and Climate Group,
- Institute of Water Problems and Hydropower of the Kyrgyz Academy of Sciences, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.