INTS branch in Sochi
– Improving the efficiency of using the potential of domestic fundamental science in the interests of ensuring the safety of life and defense capability.
– Study of natural environments and geophysical processes, identification of connections and mutual influence of processes occurring in the atmosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere and lithosphere, assessment of their impact on reliability and damage indicators of complex technical systems for civil and military purposes.
– Development of scientifically-based methods for ensuring safe operation, forecasting reliability and application after long-term storage in natural environments of civil and military equipment structures.
– Search and research of new prognostic signs of extreme natural processes occurring in the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere; studies of the influence of meteorological factors and the marine environment on the reliability of technical systems; ecological and economic assessment of the impact of natural and technical systems on the environment
– Identification of zones of occurrence of earthquake foci on the territory of the south of Russia, associated with large deep faults, identification and mapping of boundaries of seismogenerating structures; study of the dynamics of their displacement and refinement of maps of detailed seismic zoning of the territory.
– Mathematical modeling of the dynamics of mountain glaciers and the study of the influence of climate change on their evolution.
– Study of hydrodynamic processes in the coastal zone of the sea, assessment of storm activity and storm abrasion of the shores, assessment of interaction in the shelf-deep sea system and flood processes in the protection of seashores and water areas.
– Development of methods for improving reliability, evaluating and predicting changes in performance and durability over time of various classes of materials, structures and complex technical systems operated in the atmosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere.
The branch of the Institute of Natural and Technical Systems in Sochi consists of three laboratories:
- Laboratory of Reliability of Technical Systems in Geophysical Environments
The subject of the laboratory’s activity:
- assessment of reliability of materials and complex technical systems under the influence of natural environments;
- the study of the mutual influence of technical systems, technologies for various purposes and geophysical environments, processes and phenomena.
The main activities of the laboratory:
- conducting tests and research of the durability of materials, technical systems and their means of protection in the conditions of the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere;
- resource assessment and measurement of performance indicators of materials and technical systems during aging and operation in natural environments.
All-Russian Research Institute of Aviation Materials
Geophysical Service of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Mining Institute of the Kola Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences
E.M. Sergeev Institute of Geoecology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Schmidt Institute of Earth Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences
V.P. Larionov Institute of Physical and Technical Problems of the North
Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences
N.N.Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Polar Geophysical Institute
Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute named after Professor N. E. Zhukovsky
2. Laboratory of Geophysical Problems and Mathematical Modeling
Areas of current work:
- Development of mathematical models, formulation, conduct and interpretation of numerical experiments in the fields of:
- ice deformations and flows,
- energy exchange between glacial objects and the atmosphere,
- complex dynamics of mountain glaciers, ice sheets and ice shelves,
- interaction of the climate system and ice sheets,
- the impact of climate change on mountain glaciation,
- the impact of the ocean on the dynamics of ice shelves.
- Analysis of information (including for use in mathematical modeling) by statistical and stochastic methods of meteorological, climatic, isotopic.
- Expertise of projects in the field of mathematical modeling of natural processes, glaciology, climatology, paleoclimatology, global and regional climate changes, the impact of economic activity on processes in the Earth’s climate system and cryosphere.
- Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
- Institute of Computational Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Geography.
- Free University of Brussels, Belgium (Vrije Universiteit Brussels), Ice and Climate Group,
- Institute of Water Problems and Hydropower of the Kyrgyz Academy of Sciences, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
3. Laboratory of Environmental Economics and Ecology
The main results of the research on the topic “Improving the mechanism of environmental management in order to ensure the ecological and economic security of the functioning of the tourism industry” in the following areas:
- Analysis of factors and conditions (economic, organizational, institutional) of the transition of regions of recreational and tourist specialization to a model of sustainable development.
- The study of the ecological, economic and social consequences of the implementation of large-scale investment projects in the regions of tourist specialization.
- Development of proposals for improving the methodology for assessing the impact of economic and other activities on the state of ecosystems and socio-economic conditions of life, improving the mechanism for minimizing the negative effects of environmental management.
- A comprehensive analysis of the causes and consequences of the activation of dangerous natural processes to ensure the environmental safety of recreational and tourist areas.
- Development of recommendations aimed at preventing environmental and socio-economic losses in the implementation of plans for the development of recreational and tourist areas.
- Population-species analysis of fragmented mountain forest ecosystems in the zone of the Black Sea coast of Russia.
- Investigation of the dependence of the magnitude of disturbance of forest ecosystems on the degree of their fragmentation.
- Determination of the magnitude of the association of fragmentation of forest ecosystems with the degree of synanthropization and adventitization.
- Identification of indicator system indicators of environmental safety of natural objects.
Promising areas of laboratory research
- Determination of factors and conditions of transition to a “green” economy. Research of mechanisms of ecologization of the tourism industry.
- Formation of a system of criteria and indicators of the effectiveness of the transition of the tourism industry to the principles of a “green” economy.
- Development of environmental protection measures for the restoration, reproduction and rehabilitation of anthropogenically transformed ecosystems.
- Development of mechanisms for the conservation and restoration of unique ecosystems with endemic, relict, rare and endangered species of flora and fauna.
- Assessment of the ecological potential for the analysis and forecasting of the state of the components of the natural environment, as well as environmental constraints in determining the prospective parameters of the development of urban agglomerations of the Black Sea region.
- Monitoring of the results of anthropogenic impacts on the state of marine ecosystems.